India is one of the largest producers of dairy and poultry products in the world. The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) plays a crucial role in facilitating the export of these products from India. APEDA registration is mandatory for exporters of dairy and poultry products. In this blog, we will provide a complete guide to APEDA registration for dairy and poultry.
What is APEDA Registration?
APEDA is a government organization that was established in 1985 to promote the export of agricultural products from India. APEDA registration is mandatory for exporters of certain agricultural products. The registration process is straightforward and can be done online. The registration certificate is valid for five years.
Benefits of APEDA Registration for Dairy and Poultry
APEDA registration offers several benefits to exporters of dairy and poultry products. Some of the key benefits include:
- Market access: APEDA registration provides exporters with market access to over 100 countries, making it easier for them to expand their business.
- Export promotion: APEDA offers various schemes and programs to promote the export of dairy and poultry products from India.
- Quality control: APEDA ensures that the dairy and poultry products exported from India meet the required quality standards.
- Brand building: APEDA registration allows exporters to use the APEDA logo on their products, which helps to build their brand in the international market.
- Financial assistance: APEDA provides financial assistance to exporters to help them cover the costs of participating in international trade fairs and exhibitions.
Products Covered by APEDA Registration for Dairy and Poultry
APEDA registration is mandatory for exporters of certain dairy and poultry products. Some of the products covered by APEDA registration for dairy and poultry include:
- Milk and milk products, such as cheese, butter, and ghee
- Poultry and poultry products, such as eggs and meat
- Honey and honey products
- Animal feed and feed supplements
APEDA Registration Process for Dairy and Poultry
The APEDA registration process for dairy and poultry products is straightforward and can be completed online. Here are the steps involved in the registration process:
- Visit the APEDA website and click on the “Registration” tab.
- Select “New Registration” and choose the category of product you want to export.
- Fill in the required details, such as your company name, address, and contact information.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as your PAN card, GST registration certificate, and bank statement.
- Pay the registration fee online.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive your APEDA registration certificate via email.
APEDA registration is mandatory for exporters of dairy and poultry products. It provides exporters with market access, export promotion, quality control, brand building, and financial assistance. The registration process is straightforward and can be completed online. Dairy and poultry products covered by APEDA registration include milk and milk products, poultry and poultry products, honey and honey products, and animal feed and feed supplements. By obtaining APEDA registration, exporters of dairy and poultry products can expand their business and tap into the international market.